Here is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the 10 best Tandem Strollers. Let us look at the top 10 of the best Tandem Strollers. We recommend Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 Double Stroller, Clark, as our top pick.
Tandem strollers or double strollers are an investment but crucial when you are out with two or more babies close in age.
Tandem strollers are ideal for lucky parents who are expecting twins. They are also an excellent investment if you have a little one at home and another on the way. If you wonder how you will get around with two little ones in tow, then this post is for you!
First of all, let us find out if you need a tandem stroller
Do You Need a Tandem Stroller?
A double tandem stroller is a significant investment. If you already have a single stroller and aren’t sure you want to pay for a double one, there are a few options to explore.
A baby carrier may be an option for a younger child and keeping the older child in a single stroller. However, if you are expecting or have twins, it might not be a convenient option.
Some strollers offer a ride-along board that attaches to the back of the stroller base. Stroller boards are suitable for an older sibling who can stand and walk independently. There are also universal boards that work with many stroller brands. Before purchasing one of these boards, make sure your child is up to the task.
Types of Tandem Strollers
There are three primary types of double strollers: side-by-sides, in-lines, and convertibles.
Strollers can be used as a single stroller or double by adding a second seat and accessories. Most convertible strollers are in-lines, but a few side-by-side convertibles are on the market.
Convertible strollers grow with your family. They allow you to purchase just one stroller, add a second seat, a stroller board, and other accessories as your family grows.
Convertible strollers tend to be more expensive than traditional double strollers. And while all convertibles can hold two kids or more, not all can accommodate twins.
The side-by-side strollers’ seats are positioned next to each other.
The seats on side-by-side strollers usually have the same space between them and the same amenities as a cup or snack holder, recline, legroom, and weight limit.
- easy to fold
- easy to maneuver and
- It is easy for the children to interact with each other.
- Accommodate twins.
- harder to get through aisles and doorways,
- hard to steer through crowded areas,
- some parents don’t like having their two children next to each other.
In-line strollers also called tandem strollers, are single-file seats with one seat in front of the other. The two seats can be the same height, but often in-line strollers have what’s termed “stadium seating,” with the back seat raised higher than the front for better viewing.
- fit easily through narrow doorways and aisles.
- fold more compactly than side-by-sides
- have more configurations.
- The seats on in-line strollers often don’t have the same amenities.
- One seat may recline more than the other or offer more legroom, a cup holder, or the ability to attach an infant car seat.
- Some parents also find in-lines trickier to turn and maneuver than side-by-sides due to their length and because they tend to be more front-heavy.
Choosing the Best Tandem Stroller
The best tandem stroller for your family depends on your situation and using a double stroller.
- Do you live in an apartment with narrow doorways or in a crowded city where an in-line or tandem would be ideal?
- Will you primairly use your tandem stroller in the suburbs or a more rural area?
- Would you use it for two infants? Check that the seats accommodate infant car seats.
- Or, for a toddler and a baby, make sure that the stroller has a high enough weight limit to accommodate the older child.
Here is our list of the top double strollers:
The 10 Best Tandem Strollers
Summer Infant 3Dlite Tandem Convenience Double Stroller – Lightweight Back-to-Back Stroller for Infants and Toddlers, Black
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT: Weighing in at just 24 pounds, the Summer 3Dlite Tandem has a lightweight, durable steel frame and folds compactly with an auto-lock feature that keeps it contained for travel and storage
- COMFORT & SAFETY: The Summer 3Dlite Tandem’s seats are comfortable and made with recycled fabrics with a 5-point safety harness to keep little ones safe and secure on the go
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: A removable and adjustable flip-out canopy provides UPF 35+ protection from the sun, while the anti-shock front wheels give kiddos a smooth ride
- FOR THE PARENTS: Adults will enjoy the added benefit of a cup holder, cell phone holder, and a large, easily accessible storage basket underneath the seating area (holds up to 10 pounds of gear)
- RECOMMENDED USE: The Summer 3Dlite Tandem stroller is recommended for babies 6 months and up; each seat can accommodate a child up to 50 pounds
Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 Double Stroller Features Bench Seat and Standing Platform Options, Clark
$238.99 in stock
4 used from $223.00
- Added body support cushion
- Small-folding stroller rides like a double, but folds like a single stroller, making transport and storage easy
- Includes two stroller seats, a bench seat, and a standing platform for multiple options as your family grows
- Close-to-you rear seat makes connecting with baby easier
- Compatible with all Graco SnugRide infant car seats, and accepts two at once, making it a great twin stroller (stroller is not compatible with convertible, 3-in-1, or 4-in-1 car seats)
Baby Trend Expedition Stroller Wagon, Liberty Midnight
$199.99 in stock
- Super large Cargo Space with Built-in Seating for two, includes 3-point safety harness belt
- Ultimate Storage Solutions: includes parent and child trays with 2 cup holders and center consoles, plus 2 additional cup holders outside of the wagon
- Extra-large ratcheting canopy with UPF 50+ protection and air-flow mosquito netting
- Hideaway Pull Handle easily allows the Tour to transform from a push stroller to pull a wagon mode
- Easy One-press Removable and durable 11 rear and 8 front wheels with suspension
Baby Trend Sit N' Stand Double Stroller, Onyx
$179.99 in stock
6 used from $153.32
- Children can sit in the front and rear seats or stand on the rear platform
- Parent tray with 2 cup holders and covered storage compartment
- One-hand fold makes it fast and easy to use
- Both seats feature a 5-point child restraint safety harness
- Removable/swing away child trays accept infant car seats
Delta Children LX Side by Side Stroller - with Recline, Storage & Compact Fold, Grey
$74.00 in stock
7 used from $57.83
- Recommend for children up to 35 pounds; Large European style canopy; Two storage bags and parent cup holder with two attachment points; Meets Disney size requirements
- Five point safety harness; 360 Degree swivel shock absorbing front wheels
- Lightweight frame; Compact umbrella fold for easy storage and travel
- Fits through a standard 30 Inches door; Dimensions: 31.2 Inches W x 29.6 Inches D x 37.3 Inches H
- Product weight: 18.3 pounds; Meets or exceeds all ASTM and CPSC Standards and JPMA Certifications
Baby Trend Sit N' Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller, Phantom
$156.99 in stock
4 used from $124.20
- Designed for children up to 50 lbs up to 40 in front/back seat
- Jump seat area is designed for a child 2.5 years old up to 50 lbs
- Baby Trend stroller has a 5-point child restraint safety harness
- Durable steel frame
- Pads are covered with a soft and luxurious polyester fabric with polyester fill
Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon (Adventurer Gray)
$248.13 in stock
6 used from $235.19
- Push or pull, decide on the fly. It’s easy to adapt your ride with a flip of the handle
- All-terrain wheels give you the freedom to go from pavement to beach and beyond
- Canopies with UPF 50-plus help shield your child from the sun’s harmful rays
- Spacious Storage: Easy access basket to hold all your child care essentials. Rotates in to the wagon when only one child is seated
- GROWTH POTENTIAL: Designed to fit two children ages 6 months to 5 years (each seat holds up to 55 lb) and is easily modified, by adding a toddler seat or car seat with adapter for flexible seating arrangements (all sold separately)
Jeep Destination Ultralight Side x Side Double Stroller, Midnight
$217.99 in stock
8 used from $209.27
- RECOMMENDED USE: Each seat holds up to 40 pounds (80 pounds total). Canopies feature pop out SPF 50 sun visors to shield little ones. Peak a boo windows allow you to keep an eye on your children. Swivel bars make it easy to get children in and out
- LIGHTWEIGHT: This stroller features an aluminum frame. Weighs 28.66 pounds. Storage bin provides plenty of room for toys, snacks, etc. Double stroller features 1680D fabric that is durable and water resistant
- SIZE: Assembled dimensions (in inches): 29.5 (width), 36.2 (depth), 41.7 (height). Folded dimensions: 29.5 (width), 30 (depth), 13.4 (height). Easy/compact standing fold, foam handles and carry strap for easy storing or traveling. Quick release wheels
- SMOOTH RIDE: 7 inch swivel lock front wheels (unlock for easy maneuverability; lock for added stability on bumpy surfaces). 10 inch back wheels with suspension for a smooth, comfortable ride. One step back break lock. Fits through standard 30 inch doorways
- SAFE & COMFORTABLE: Independent, multi position reclining seats and adjustable foot rests. 5 point safety harnesses. Reflective shoulder pads ensure you can be seen during nighttime walks. JPMA certified; meets or exceeds ASTM and applicable CPSC standards
BABY JOY Double Baby Stroller, Foldable Double Seat Tandem Stroller with Adjustable Backrest, Push Handle and Footrest, Lockable Wheels, 5-Point Safety Belt (Gray)
- Double Seat Design: Designed with 2 seats in front and back fits two babies seat together. The front seat is suitable for baby of 6-36 months. Rear seat is suitable from birth to 36 months. The maximum load of the stroller is 33 lbs in each seat.
- Safety Wheels and 5-point Safety Belts: The front wheels with shock proof function are non-directional and can also orient easily. The rear wheels have a linkage to brake with one step. The 5-point safety belt is equipped with each seat to ensure security while keeping your baby fit to the safety belt to feel comfortable.
- Adjustable Backrest, Push Handle and Footrest: The push handle can be adjusted to meet various babysitter to help them better take after the baby. The backrest can adjust to fit baby’s sleep posture to keep comfortable sleeping. And the foot rest can be adjusted to fit the baby’s leg with the increasing age.
- With Sunshade and Storage Basket: The folded sunshade can protect baby from strong sun light when it is needed. A storage basket under the seat can store something that baby needs and help your hand free.
- Solid Frame and Safe Fabric: The stroller frame is made of steel that is solid and stable to keep a long-term use time. The oxford fabric is non-toxic and breathable can well-protect your babies from rains or harmful rays. The stroller is easy to fold and can be collected in a car trunk.
Joovy Caboose Too Sit and Stand Double Stroller Featuring Universal Car Seat Adapter, 3-Way Reclining Seats, Option to Use Rear Seat, Bench Seat, or Standing Platform (Black)
$199.99 in stock
- REACH BENCH AND STANDING PLATFORM so the tandem stroller gives your big kid the freedom they deserve. Kids can sit, stand, or stroll whenever the mood takes them
- UNIVERSAL CAR SEAT ADAPTER for when a new kid comes along, you don’t need to upgrade your stroller
- 3-WAY RECLINING SEATS for naps and babies. Your little ones can lay back in this infant and toddler stroller and enjoy naptime thanks to the Caboose’s three reclining positions
- 90LB WEIGHT CAPACITY, giving you the flexibility to carry two big kids without strain. Incredibly, this sit and stand stroller is still small enough to fit in most trunks
- UNDER-SEAT STORAGE ensures you can bring all the essentials! Stash toys, shopping, and all your kid’s diapers in the spacious mesh under the basket
We have reviewed thousands of moms’ feedback on tandem strollers, and we researched the top products they shared with us. Finally, we added our insight to give you our best selection of tandem or double strollers. We have also found that the best Tandem Stroller is Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 Double Stroller.